By Will Johnson
HOUSTON COUNTY – As the Oct. 22 edition of the Houston County Commissioners Court got underway, a bid opening process was held for the 2018 Road Improvements Texas Community Development Block Grant #7218219.
The county received four bids on the project, however, no action was taken on the matter. Following the bid opening, the actual meeting got underway.
As the actionable items portion of the meeting got underway, Roger Dickey was reappointed as the Houston County Fire Marshal for the period of Oct. 22 through Oct. 21, 2021.
The next two items on the court’s agenda concerned donations. The first donation was from the Crockett Elks Lodge #1729 in the amount of $2,500 to the Houston County Senior Center for meals.
The second donation was a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 truck from Houston County Search and Rescue to Precinct One. Both donations were accepted by the court.
In other matters brought before the court:
- The commissioners approved the minutes from previous meetings.
- The payment of bills and expenses incurred by the county was approved.
- The Houston County Treasurer’s and Compensatory reports were received as information by the court.
- The court approved salaries for new and transfer employees.
- Bids on tax trust properties were accepted by the court.
- An interlocal agreement for the use of voting machines between the county and the Houston County Hospital District, Grapeland Hospital District, the city of Latexo, Lovelady and Kennard and Lovelady ISD, Latexo ISD, Kennard ISD, Crockett ISD and Grapeland was approved.
- Rev. Vance Drum was appointed as the election judge in Precinct One while Floene Moore was appointed as the election judge in Precinct 20.
Will Johnson may be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.