By Will Johnson
CROCKETT – The city of Crockett will be hosting a job fair on Monday, Dec. 10 at the Crockett Civic Center, according to information provided by Crockett City Administrator John Angerstein.
A flyer distributed before the Crockett City Council meeting held on Monday, Dec. 3 stated, “The City of Crockett, Texas will be hosting a regional info. Session and networking event on Monday, Dec. 10 at the civic center located at 1100 Edmiston Dr. in Crockett. A potential national IT service organization interested in hiring 300 + employees will be in attendance.”
“If you are in the Crockett area,” the flyer added, “and are currently in the information technology industry or would like to get into the IT industry, you are highly encouraged to attend the event.”
Technical skill sets of interest include:
- Help desk and service desk technicians.
- Network and system engineers.
- Cyber security.
- Software development.
- Software quality assurance.
The company also lists three “Nice to Haves.” These are:
- High school diploma, GED, Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Solid computer skills and curiosity for information technology.
Will Johnson may be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.