Home Columnist Forestry Update 2-8

Forestry Update 2-8


By Gary Allen Burns

You must file a Form T if 1) you claim a deduction for timber depletion, 2) you treat the harvest as a Section 631(a) sale or 3) you make a sale of timber under Section 631(b). The exception is that you are not required to file Form T if you only have an occasional timber sale: i.e., one or two sales every three or four years. However, you must maintain adequate records of timber-related activities.

Please follow and like us: