By Will Johnson
CROCKETT – The deadline for nominations into the 2019 Crockett ISD Ring of Honor has been extended until Friday, June 7 at 4 p.m.
Started in 2010, the Ring of Honor is a blend of age, race and areas of accomplishment and represents the hard work and the extra effort it takes to reach the standards of excellence in a nominee’s life.
“This is a great way for the community to recognize not just the athletic accomplishments, but all accomplishments by folks who have been a part of Crockett High School,” CISD Superintendent Terry Myers said.
“I think it is a real, real neat thing that our community chooses to honor our folks in this way,” the superintendent added.
Applications are available on the district website at www.crockettisd.net under the School Board heading. Completed nominations may be turned in to the CISD Administration Office located at 1400 West Austin Street in Crockett. They may also be given to any school board member.
According to information provided by the district “… the criteria and the documentation requirements remain unchanged. A separate committee will review each application and will make recommendations to the Crockett ISD School Board of Trustees.”
The criteria for the nomination and selection of former players, managers and trainers are:
- Must have been out of high school competition for a minimum of 12 years.
- Must have been recognized for outstanding athletic achievement.
- Must have graduated and ended their athletics career in good academic standing.
- Must have exhibited exemplary standards of conduct during competition.
The areas of consideration for honoring a teacher, coach or administrator include:
- Must have taught, or been an administrator at Crockett ISD schools for 10 years or more. Award may be given posthumously.
- Must have provided outstanding service to the Crockett Athletic Program; and
candidate must have exhibited exemplary standards of conduct during competition.
- Must be recognized as being a positive role model and person of character and have demonstrated leadership.
- Must have been recognized as being a person of uncommon dedication, going beyond the call of duty to assist students, staff and/or parents.
- Must have retired or resigned before being considered for nomination.
The Selection Committee will consider both a candidate’s contribution to the CISD athletic program and the candidate’s contributions to his/her community.
Other areas to consider when selecting a nominee are the “… nominators must submit the Ring of Honor Candidate Application and letters of recommendation from two (2) other individuals in support of the nominee’s candidacy, whether the nominee is a former student-athlete, coach or administrator. The award may be given posthumously.”
The new 2019 Ring of Honor inductees will be recognized during the Crockett Bulldogs’ Homecoming Game against the Elkhart Elks, scheduled for Oct. 25.
For further information please call 936-544-2125.
Will Johnson may be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com.